Art quotes

"For the last 20 year period I've been working with ideas conceived as a child." -Red Grooms

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Joel Ellis in Xanadu Gallery

Hello – Welcome to Fall! Marc Chagall gives one of the important lessons of art, “All colors are the friends of their neighbors and the lovers of their opposites.”  My color wheel is almost worn out. Time to get another and study once again the friends and lovers in the scheme of color.
Traverse Morning  15 x 18  oil on canvas


        Color is an important part of my paintings exhibited online in the Xanadu Gallery website, www.xanadugallery.com , under artists in the menu find the work under Ellis, Joel. I am excited about this new outreach of my work and hope you will check it out. Also new work is presented on my own website, www.joelellisart.com

       I hope you are able to enjoy this beautiful colorful season.

Joel



Earth Cycle  18 x 24  acrylic on linen, currently in online exhibit of Xanadu Gallery 

No comments:

Post a Comment