Art quotes

"For the last 20 year period I've been working with ideas conceived as a child." -Red Grooms

Sunday, February 13, 2022

One Month Later


February 11, 2022

I heard the news today; oh boy … famous words from the Beatles sure express my take on the world stage, so I take a step back and concentrate on the stuff where I can have some influence. The chest pains from one month ago did change my perspective on living and helped me dial in on what really matters. I was painting and felt suddenly ill, all the classic signs of, well you know. Leaving the studio, my thoughts were, could this be my last painting? The good news - all is improving and back to the painting soon. In one month you can sure rank your priorities and look to future works being completed. Thanks to family, friends and most of all the medical community that provided great care.


Evening Spirit
(January 11, 2022)

To get back to painting I needed a little warmup time so I found some stretcher bars. These wooden frame-like devices are for stretching canvas and securing tightly with tacks or staples ready for a gesso base and a surface to lay out dreams. So I stretched two canvases and will be painting again soon. 

JOEL, a greatful artist

Flowers on the Wall

Dreaming


 


No comments:

Post a Comment